Seeing how other mobile homeowners decorate and update their homes is a great way to get ideas and inspiration for your own home and this one is full of great beach cottage decor ideas!
This home is listed for sale on Tiny House Listings. It’s a 2 bedroom, 2 bath mobile home in Newport Beach, CA and it is gorgeous! We’ll share the home first and then give you 7 great ideas to help you achieve the beach cottage style in your own home.
The living room in this home is tastefully understated with a style that is perfect for relaxing.
This awesome mobile home even has a fireplace!
The entire home has white walls but has lots of added color via art and furniture. It’s a great way for renters to add style to their home without upsetting the landlord and it’s perfect for those that like to change their style often.
The kitchen is bright white but the wood flooring makes the room warm and inviting. The matching butcher block countertops complete the look and adds extra warmth.
An unusual feature in this mobile home kitchen is the large skylight. What a great idea to bring sunshine into a room!
The dining room in this beautiful mobile home is decorated beautifully! Simple retro decor with just a touch of the beach is perfect!
The colors are perfect for a beach cottage decor! The colors against the white backdrop speak volumes for subtle style.
The second bedroom is another great example of modern beach style decor.
White is a favorite color for bathrooms and for good reason! Along with the beadboard walls and the modern elements this bathroom is a perfect example of beach cottage decor.
The second bathroom in this mobile home is just as awesome as the first! Beach artwork is always a great way to add the beach style decor in any room. The worn mirror adds another great beach style element.
Even the deck and outdoor sitting areas of this mobile home are styled beautifully. Minimal decor paired with warm materials and a splash of color is perfect for beach cottage decor.
7 Great Beach Cottage Style Ideas for your Mobile Home
The home above is a great example of the popular beach cottage style. Here are a few more ideas that can help you get the same look in your home:
- Use white or light colors as the backdrop. Light, fresh, and airy is a great way to describe the beach cottage style and white or light colors can help achieve the look effortlessly.
- Decor such as signs made with worn wood, glass with rope elements, and seashells are the go-to decorations for the beach cottage style. Pairing like objects together can make a beautiful display for any room.
- Keep clutter and decor to a minimum. You want the room to portray the beach which is minimal itself.
- Put the focus on one element per room. A sofa in a great beach color or a beautiful table along with a few beach-themed decorations is a perfect combination for the beach cottage style.
- A barn door is a space saver for small bathrooms in narrow mobile home hallways. It’s a popular replacement for the standard interior door and it works well for any style but particularly the beach cottage style. This mobile home has combined worn wood with a great sea blue color.
- Add natural materials such as wicker, cotton, and wood. Beach theme decor is all about bringing the beach into your home and that includes color and texture.
- Add turquoise to your home. The deep blue color was chosen as the 2014 Coastal Living color of the year so it’s a given that it belongs in a beach cottage style home!
Need more Beach themed decorating ideas? Check out this Beach Cottage Double Wide!
As always, thank you for reading Mobile and Manufactured Home Living!