Transitional decor design may not be the type of home decor you are familiar with but it is one of the easiest and most common types of home decor around. According to Spruce.com transitional style is described as “a balanced blend of traditional and contemporary furnishings and decor.”
Many who like a “lighter” traditional look choose this style because transitional decor tends to span multiple decades and always looks fresh. Transitional decor retains the classic lines of traditional styles, but the colors and furnishings are typically more modern in their appearance.
How to Create Transitional Decor Design Yourself
The elements of transitional decor are pretty simple and include:
- Starting with a neutral palette
- Keep the accessories to a minimum (less is more)
- Combine your favorite pieces with new ones to create the look you love
- Create a contrast using different textures and fabrics
- Keep the window treatments simple with a solid color that compliments the palette you are using
An important thing to keep in mind when creating this decor style is to pick pieces that can stand alone while still working well together. Also, you will want to keep the textures and colors to around four or five shades that will work together throughout your home.
We’ve found several great examples of how to pull this look together, take a look!
all images courtesy of Pinterest.
A transitional color palette should have a strong balance between cool and warm tones. Transitional color schemes should be close to 50/50 or at least 60/40.
Transitional interior design allows plenty of freedom in terms of how you want your home to look but also retains some pieces of past traditions. This is why it is one of the best themes you can use for your home.
If transitional decor design isn’t quite the right fit for your mobile home, take a look at some of the other ideas we have shared including:
- Cool Contemporary Decor Style Tips For Your Mobile Home
- Why Scandinavian Home Design Is Perfect For a Mobile Home
- Everything You’ve Wanted to Know About Eclectic Design
The bottom line, regardless of what decor style you choose, is to be sure that it fits your family and feels like home.
As always, thank you for reading Mobile Home Living®.