Living in a manufactured home is no different from a stick built home. I know that and you know that but those that have never been around a manufactured home usually have a distorted view based on stigmas and stereotypes. I hope the more we educate those people and make them realize the truth about our homes, the less the stigma will prevail.
Related: How the Mobile Home Stigma Began.
I’m sure you have seen those memes floating around online that show photos of what people think versus what the reality is about different subjects. I thought this would be perfect for educating people about our homes. Here’s what I came up with:
Of course, the whole coming up with a meme got me thinking about what living in a mobile home means to me.
What Living in a Mobile/Manufactured Home Means To Me:
- We own our home, no one can take it from us!
- We will have a gorgeous, contemporary home, completely paid for in less than 10 years.
- We helped renew an older mobile home, keeping it out of the landfills!
- Small footprint living is teaching our daughter that materials and possessions do not matter in life.
- We are a closer family because we have to share such a small space.
- We don’t need to keep up with the Jone’s. They are too far in debt to be able to enjoy anything, anyway.
- Since we aren’t paying a huge mortgage, we can afford to take those trips we planned!
- Our taxes are so low it should almost be illegal. ;-)
- Our daughter will be called trailer trash at school, we know that and she knows that. However, she understands that it isn’t what you’re called, it’s what you answer to that counts.
- We are not poor but are far from rich. We do not go hungry or dirty, we live a very comfortable life. We are fortunate and we know it!
- We can work on our home, remodel and change our home into anything we want. The possibilities are endless!